Ekal On Wheels
Ekal on Wheels
EoW is a mobile computer training facility which has been set up inside a mobile vehicle. EoWs visit the remotest villages and skill the unreached rural and vanvasi youth. EoWs’ philosophy aligns with Swami Vivekananda’s life mission – ‘If the poor children cannot come to education, education must go to them’ and says- In addition to providing skills, EoWs play an important in mobilization and identification of potential members of Ekal Youth Clubs in villages.
- The van travels 3 villages per day and spends 2 hours/ village.
- The van operates 6 days per week.
- Currently the van covers about 9 villages a week and the same schedule are followed for 3 months.
- A village is visited 8 times (i.e 8 days or 16 hours) in a month. Hence, a village is visited 24 times (with 2hrs./ day) in 3 months.
Growth rate of beneficiaries
- Trained candidates have become computer friendly. Now, They have basic knowledge of computer and internet.
- The EoW program has developed a new hope among the unemployed youth in the villages to search and apply for the new opportunities at the village and near by places.
- As we know, country is being digitalised rapidly. Hence, there is need of awareness of such programs not only for youth but children and old age persons also. And, We trained old people as well.
- The trained candidates are being enrolled with Vivekanand Youth Club. Inter village Sports program will be organized to engage the students with GRC skill projects in long run.